COECA has developed a philosophy focused on satisfying our customers needs and expectations. Progressing day by day is basic for us in order to meet our objectives, adapting ourselves to the present time reality. That’s why COECA invests huge efforts to the research and development of new materials and new production processes.
COECA counts with a laboratory that for, which let us deal with and give a solution to the strictest requirements, as well as to carry out a severe quality control of our materials.
Our laboratory let us test and control all our production processes: compounds preparation, physic-chemical properties testings of our materials, and finished part dimensional control.
We use last generation equipment such as:
- Compact OD PC Reometer: used to test the vulcanization process
- Mooney Compact PC Viscometer: used for viscosity testings
- PC Dynamometer: used for tensile strength, elongation at break and tear strength testings
- PC Electronic Densimeter: used for density testings
- PC-Micro-IRHD Automatic Durometer: used to measure hardness in a Micro-IRHD scale
- PC-IRHD Automatic Durometer: used to measure hardness in a IRHD scale
- PC-SHORE A Automatic Durometer: used to measure hardness in a SHORE A scale
- Low Temperature Equiment: used for low temperature testings
- MEMMERT 500 Stove: used for ageing, compression set and swelling into fluids strength testings
- Multi-die cut: with adjustable accesories to get standard test tubes
- Laboratory Injection Machine: 50 tonnes shutting strength
- Laboratory Press: 250 atm. máximum working press
- Laboratory Cylinder: used to prepare and approve new compounds
All tests are carried out under normalized conditions according to each norm. BS, DIN, ASTM y UNE are the most usual norms used in our laboratory.
We also count with a laboratory specially designed to test pressure cookers silicone gaskets. We have developed ourselves all necessary equipment to guarantee the right work of our pressure cookers silicone seals. We develop research and development projects together with our customers in order to improve day by day the performance of our silicone seals in our customers’ pressure cookers.
We have developed a measuring instrument for the necessary torque setting to open and close the cooker. We are developing a project with the objective to reduce the friction degree of the silicone seal into the lid until it reaches similar values to the silicone seals performance after usual industrial surface treatments are applied.
On the other side, we have designed an automatic measuring instrument for the pressure relieving point of the pressure cooker. The pressure relieving point is the maximum pressure the silicone seal can support into the cooker before it performs the inside water-steam extraction. This is a key instrument to guarantee the pressure cooker safety.